Monday, April 24, 2006

Fireman's Prayer.

The Firefighter’s Prayer.

When I am called to duty, God,

Wherever flames may rage,

Grant us the strength to saving lives,

Whatever be their age.

<><><><>

Help us embrace a little child,

Before it is too late.

Or save an older person,

From the horror of that fate.

<><><><><>

Enable us to be alert,

And hear the weakest shout.

To quickly and efficiently,

Put the fires out

<><><><><>

We want to fulfil our calling,

And be the best we can,

In guarding our every neighbour,

And protecting their property.

<><><><><>

And if it be while on the job,

I should lose my life,

Please bless with your open hand,

All those I’ve loved in life. Amen.

<><><><>

One more post before we move on. Thanks for all the good wishes etc, they are

much apprecated. Peter has been a great help, as usual.

The above is a Fireman's Prayer that I found from my nephew who stayed with

me at Shepparton. He is a fireman as are his 3 sons. John was at Nathalia for

many years. As the summer is approaching in the Northern Hemisphere, it

may be of interest Will see you all later.

<><><><><>

13 comments:

Granny said...

There's one of those poems in wide circulation here. If I can find it, I'll send it. Safe continuation of journey.

Granny said...

Found it - it's the same except for the last two lines and I like yours much better.

Ann

Ava said...

Hi! One of my brothers, Mark, is a fireman. I often worry about him.

Ava

bornfool said...

Gotta love somebody that will run into danger while everyone else is running the other way.

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I found a place where you can
make some nice extra cash secret shopping. Just go to the site below
and put in your zip to see what's available in your area.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

Da Gal said...

Beautiful poem Merle. Blessings to your nephew, the fireman. That takes a courageous person and many blessings to his family as well.

Enjoy the continuation of your trip. I see a photo peeking up from below.. I must go check it out.

bubba said...

I see the spam finally got to you. Sorry. I like the generations picture. I hope that nasty storm has not done anything to dampen your visits.

Peter said...

Welcome home, yeah I know you're not there yet, but you will be soon.

Abandoned in Pasadena said...

I am going to print out the Fireman's Prayer for my grandson who is also a fireman and going to EMT school at the moment, while still firefighting. Matthew is 19 and I'm very proud of him.

bornfool said...

I hope you're enjoying your trip, but I'm selfish. I'll be glad when you're back and posting again. :)

Abandoned in Pasadena said...

I hope you are enjoying your trip and today when I read this poem I thought of you:

Good Morning !!!!

This morning when I wakened
And saw the sun above,
I softly said, "Good morning, Lord,
Bless everyone I love."

Right away I thought of you
And said a loving prayer,
That He would bless you specially,
And keep you free from care.

I thought of all the happiness
A day could hold in store,
I wished it all for you because
No one deserves it more.

I felt so warm and good inside,
My heart was all aglow.
I know God heard my prayers for you,
He hears them all, you know.

Kelvin said...

Kia Ora - again from New Zealand. Really great poems - both of them !!!

Karen said...

Beautiful prayer, thank you for sharing it. Have a good trip home :-)