Monday, April 17, 2006

Variety Post.

Hi Folks ~~ Just a few words tonight.

My visitors left this afternoon, and are having trouble

with long lines of traffic. People going home after the

Easter break, so will be a slow trip. It usually takes

them 4 hours from here to their home.

Now I only have tonight and tomorrow to get ready to

go off on this trip. I have a shopping trip in the morning

so will stock up on prescriptions etc. Get bread and a

chicken and make sandwiches for John and I to eat on the

way. We will probably drive for about 10 hours the first

day and have a little less the next day. We will see !!

I found this little poem, and hope it may help anyone who

is facing cancer or has loved ones facing it.

<><><><><><><><>

What Cancer Cannot Do. …… - Anonymous.

Cancer is so limited….

It cannot cripple love.

It cannot shatter hope.

It cannot corrode faith.

It cannot eat away peace.

It cannot destroy confidence.

It cannot kill friendship.

It cannot shut out memories,

It cannot silence courage.

It cannot invade the soul.

It cannot reduce eternal life.

It cannot quench the Spirit.

It cannot lessen the power of the resurrection.

<><><><><><><><><> God’s Promise. <><><><><><>

God didn’t promise days without pain,

laughter without sorrow or sun without rain.

But God did promise strength for the day,

comfort for the tears and a light for the way.

And for all who believe in His kingdom above,

He answers their faith with everlasting love. - Anonymous.

<><><><><><><><> Bits and Pieces <><><><><><>

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,

but by the moments that take our breath away.

<><><><>

Friendship is not something you learn at school. But if you

haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t

learned anything. – Muhammad Ali.

<><><><><>

We spend our lives on the run: we get up by the clock, eat and

sleep by the clock, get up again, go to work ---and then we retire.

And what do they give us? A B…… Clock.!!

<><><><><><>

“Don’t mourn for me now, don’t mourn for me never.

I’m going to do nothing forever and ever.” Dave Allen’s chosen

epitaph.

<><><><><><>

My 84 year old Uncle Jack reads the death notices every morning in the newspaper to check if there’s anyone he knew.

One day he said: “You know, I just don’t understand how people

always die in alphabetical order.”

<><><><><><><>

8 comments:

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Lovely post as usual...I really loved God's Promise and sent it to my daughter.
BTW Mohammad Ali was born about 1 hours drive from me.

Jacqui said...

Yes, a safe and happy trip from me too, Merle. I love going places and visiting family and friends. Take care and I will look for posts from you along the way.
luv jacqui

LZ Blogger said...

Merle ~ Ah... TRAFFIC... Reminds of my 50 years in California! (Don't miss that at all!) ~ jb///

Meow (aka Connie) said...

We were stuck in the most atrocious traffic ... just before Yarra Glen, as usual. But, we were stuck already way back in Dixons Creek ... OMG, it was bumper to bumper, all the way. Apparently there was an accident near Lilydale, a truck on fire, but the traffic is always like that on the last day of a long weekend or holiday.
Sounds like your Easter went well.
Take care, Meow

JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Merle,

As always, enjoyed your post this morning!
In fact, yours has become the first one I check out everyday! :)

Have a safe trip!

June

Ava said...

What a wonderful post!!!!

Have a great trip and stay safe.

Janice Seagraves said...

Hi Merle,

Your poems brought a tear to my eye.
I have way to many people in my family that have gotten cancer, and too few that have survived it.

I hope you had a safe drive home.

Janice~

doubleknot said...

Your jokes and quotes make a nice start to my day.
I have been tagged to list six weird things about me - gee and I thought I was so 'normal'. I tag you but you don't have to do it if you don't want to - you seem perfectly normal to me.