Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Cyanide.

Hello Everyone ~~ A quiet day today, read the papers and read
some blogs. I got a few jobs done that needed doing, but there
are plenty more waiting their turn.
 
 The Miner’s Prayer  
 
 When that whistle blows each morning
 And I go down in that cold dark mine
 I say a prayer to my dear Saviour

 Please let me see the sunshine one more time.
 
 This was in the paper this morning, and also a Thank You
from the 2 rescued miners thanking the men who saved them
and the whole town and all the country that supported them
and their families, They said  “Thanks is not enough”




<><><><><>
 Some jokes  etc……………

Cyanide.
 
 A woman walked into her small-town pharmacy and said she wanted to         
 purchase some cyanide.
 The pharmacist said, "Why in the world do you need cyanide?"
 The lady then explained she needed it to poison her husband.
 
 
 The pharmacist's eyes got big, and he said, "Lord, have mercy.  I can't    
 give you cyanide to kill your husband!  That's against the law!            
 I'll lose my license, they'll throw both of us in jail, and...and
all kinds of bad things will happen!
Absolutely not; you can NOT have any  cyanide!"
 The lady reached into her purse and pulled out a picture of her
husband in bed with the pharmacist's wife.                                            
 The pharmacist looked at the picture and replied, "Well, now.
You didn't tell me you had a prescription." 
 
 <><><><><>



Dr.  Watson and Sherlock Holmes were camping out in the

desert one night.

Holmes shook Watson awake at 2 am.

“Are you awake Watson?” Holmes asked.

“Yes Sherlock, I’m awake. What’s your trouble? Holmes asked.

“What do you make of being able to lie here and look at the

moon and stars?” Holmes asked.

I think it is absolutely marvellous to lie here looking at the

stars twinkling and the moon so bright,” Watson answeed.

“Why, what do you make of it?”

“ I think someone’s pinched our tent,” Holmes declared.

++++++++++++++++++

Advice for Women……

What do you do if your boyfriend walks out?

You shut the door.

+++++++++++++

Never let your man’s mind wander…….

It’s too little to be out alone.

<><><><>

If they put a man on the moon…….they should be

able to put them all up there.

<><><><><>

Definition of a bachelor : a man who has missed the

opportunity to make some woman miserable.

++++++++++++

Women don’t make fools of men….. most of them are the

do-it-yourself types.

<><><><>

Best way to get a man to do smething, is to suggest they

are too old for it.

<><><><>

Love is blind, but marriage is a real eye- opener.

<><><><>

You do not have to have a long neck to be a goose.

<><><><><>

You never know what you have until you lose it, and

once you lose it, you can never get it back.

<><><><><><><>

9 comments:

JunieRose2005 said...

:)

Funny jokes-as always!


June

Vickie said...

Hello Merle, As always I leave with a smile on my face
it is such a pleasure to visit and when I miss getting
by I realize just how much on my next visit.
I must say I especially loved the Advice for Women,
they were great, thanks :)

Big Dave T said...

I heard on the news that mining is the most dangerous profession worldwide. Never heard that poem, though.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Merle, I needed those jokes tonight!

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Very good jokes and sayings to end my day with a good laugh.

I want to say thank you for all the very nice comments that you leave on my blog...I really appreciated them.
And yes, I really am a bit overweight...that's why I have to chase butterflies around the yard. If I was fit...I'd probably catch up to one to photograph it.

Peter said...

Love is blind, but marriage is a real eye- opener.

How true is this one, wath that site counter.

Michelle said...

LOL, loved some of your advice for women :o)

Janice Seagraves said...

Hi Merle,

The prayer was touching, and oh so aproperate for this time.

I loved all the jokes, but I think my favorite was: The pharmacist who looked at the picture and replied, "Well, now.You didn't tell me you had a prescription."

LOL.

Janice~

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»