Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Rainy Monday

Hi all ~~ It has been a lovely rainy Monday here today.

So apart from doing some washing and the necessary

chores, I have had time to catch up with friends and

to do some reading. Shopping day tomorrow, so I will

have to write out my list later. I enjoy this outing once

every fortnight.

A few Laws of the Universe……..

Law of Mechanical Repair:

After your hands become coated wit grease, your nose

will begin to itch or you’ll have to pee.

Law of Workshop:

Any tool when dropped, will roll to the least accessible

corner.

Law of Probility:

The probability of being watched is directly proportional

to the stupidity of the act.

Law of Telephone:

When you dial a wrong number, you never get a busy signal.

Law of the alibi:

If you tell the boss a flat tyre made you late for work, the

very next morning you will have a flat tyre.

Variation Law:

If you change traffic lanes, the one you were in will start to

move faster than the one you are in now.

Bath Theorem:

When the body is fully immersed in water, the phone rings.

Law of the Result:

When you try to prove to someone that a machine won’t work,

it will.

Theatre Rule:

At any event, people with seats furthest from the aisle, arrive

last.

Law of Logical Argument:

Anything is possible if you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Wilson’s Law:

As soon as you find a product you really like,they will stop

making it.

<><><><><><><>

A group of kids was trying very hard to make the move from

kindie to school.

The biggest hurdle the kids faced was that the teacher insisted on “no baby talk.”

You need to use “big people” words, she was always reminding

them.

She asked Chris what he had done over the weekend.

“I went to visit my Nana,” the little tyke answered.

“No, you went to visit your grandmother,” the teacher corrected. “Use ‘big people words”.

She then asked Olivia what she had done. “I took a ride on a

choo-choo, she told her.

“No you took a ride on a train,” the teacher said. “You must

remember to use ‘big people’ words.”

She then asked little Alan what he had done.

“I read a book,” he replied.

“That’s wonderful,” the teacher said. “What book did you read?”

Alan thought really hard about it, then puffed out his chest

with great pride and said:

“Winnie the S@#t.”

<><><><><><><><>

10 comments:

JunieRose2005 said...

LOL- little Alan is a smart boy!

That would please any teacher! HAHAHA

June

Vickie said...

Now let me see what I need put on your shopping list...hmmmmm one thing I always pass on is
a favorite for you guys Vegemite....yeah no vegamite for me. I'll take my peach jam...lol

Have a good day my friend :)

Peter said...

Wilson’s Law:
As soon as you find a product you really like,they will stop making it.
That one certainly works for me, I can't buy Bio-Zet liquid any where.

Michelle said...

Hi Merle, thanks for stopping by my blog :o)
My grandparents used to live in Shepparton before they passed away, lovely spot :o)

mreddie said...

We could sure use some of that rain on my veggies that are just breaking through the ground. Hopefully we will get some in a couple of days - or so they say. Wilson's law has hit me as well on at least a couple of occasions. ec

Ava said...

Hey, don't forget the ice cream!!!!!

I love that Winnie the S@#t one! Very funny.

We had rain all day Saturday. We got 2.5 inches or a little more. Just a nice steady peaceful rain all day. Everything sure greened up outside! I love the green!!!

Mechanical Repair ... yes, I ALWAYS have to pee as soon as my hands are dirty!!!

Yes, every stupid thing I do has an audience!!

Great post!!

Ava

Peter said...

Hi Merle, Bio-Zet is a Laundry detergent, can still get the powder but not the liquid that I have used for 2 years.

LZ Blogger said...

It has rained here for the last three days straight. But today the sun is out and it is beautiful! Loved the Laws of the universe! ~ jb///

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»