Saturday, May 27, 2006

Don't mess with kids.

Hi Everyone ~~ Well it is Saturday night here, so half

of my weekend is over. Geoff and Jo arrived last might

and we had a nice meal and evening together. I had

cooked Chicken Kiev and heaps of vegetables that we all

enjoyed, after Pea and Ham Soup. Yummy.

<><><><><>

This morning Geoff planted some Peas for me, and spent

a couple of hours weeding as he usually does. It is much

appreciated as I cannot do as much as I’d like to now.

It is always nice to have family visit. They are safely

home now. A little over 2 hours away.

<><><><><> A friend sent these to me today, so I hope you

enjoy them as much as I did. Thanks Jan.

<><><><><> 7 Reasons not to mess with children. <><><><><>

A little girl was talking to her teacher about whales. The

teacher said it was physically impossible for a whale to swallow a human

because even though it was a very large mammal, it’s throat was very small.

<><><>

The little girl stated that Jonah was swallowed by a whale.

Irritated, the teacher reiterated that a whale could not swallow a human;

it was physically impossible.

The little said, “When I get to heaven I will ask Jonah”.

The teacher asked, “What if Jonah went to hell?”

The little girl replied, “Then you ask him.”

<><><><><><><><>

A kindergarten teacher was observing her classroom of

children while they were drawing. She would occasionally

walk around to see each child’s work.

As she got to one little girl who was working diligently, she

asked what the drawing was.

The girl replied, “I’m drawing God.”

The teacher paused and said, “But no one knows what God

looks like.”

Without missing a beat, or looking up from her drawing,

the girl replied, “They will in a minute.”

<><><><><><><><>

A Sunday school teacher was discussing the Ten Commandments with

her five and six year olds.

After explaining te commandment to “honor” thy Father

and Mother, she asked, “Is there a commandment that

teaches us how to treat our brothers and sisters?”

Without missing a beat one little boy (the oldest of a

family) answered, “Thou shall not kill.”

<><><><><><><>

One day a little girl was sitting and watching her mother

do the dishes at the kitchen sink. She suddenly noticed

that her mother had several strands of white hair sticking

out in contrast on her brunette head.

She looked at her mother and inquisitively asked, “Why are

some of your hairs white, Mom?”

Her mother replied, “Well, every time that you do something

wrong and make me cry or unhappy, one of my hairs turn white.”

The little girl thought about this revelation for a while and

then said, “Momma, how come ALL of Grandma’s hairs are white?”

<><><><><><><><><>

A teacher was giving a lesson on the circulation of the blood.

Trying to make the matter clearer, she said, “Now class, If I

stood on my head, the blood, as you know, would run into it, and

I would turn red in the face.”

“Yes,” the class said…

“Then why is it that while I am standing upright in the ordinary

position the blood doesn’t run into my feet?”

A little fellow shouted,

“Cause your feet ain’t empty.”

<><><><><><><><>

The children were lined up in the cafeteria of a Catholic elementary

school for lunch. At the head of the table was a large pile of apples.

The nun made a note, and posted on the apple tray:

“Take only ONE. God is watching.”

Moving further along the lunch line, at the other end of the

table was a large pile of chocolate chip cookies.

A child had written a note, “Take all you want. God is watching

the apples.”

<><><><><><><><><> Some funny ones there. <><><><><><><>

This Poem is called “The Best Poem ever Written.” I am not

sure I agree entirely with that.

It was written by Anonymous Arbuckle. 2001-03-14 and the

comment says : This is a poem about a great love.

<><><><><>Awaiting in the shadows of your beauty,

I smile to think my dreams could dare be more

Seeing in you the essence of perfection,

I wonder what mediocrity is for

The lengths I would go just to have you,

Would boggle the least logical mind

There, in utopia, we would bathe in desire,

Until the second and third ends of time

Bathing in crystal blue waters of solitude,

Walking on beaches of ebony sand

I recite to you the best poem ever written,

Speaking softly, always cautious, hand in hand.

<><><><> Some nice words and phrases there anyway. <><><><>

If you are on the air, Peter, Have a very happy birthday tomorrow

with some of your family. I hope you get a few surprises.

Love, Merle.

<><><><><><><><><>

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your post and going to save it. Good jokes.

Anonymous said...

Chicken Kiev , I'm impressed! It's one of my favorites. If I would have known, I would have accidently dropped by to say howdy - at dinner time. ;)

kenju said...

Merle, I sure wish I had been there to eat! Sounds delicious. I just left birthday wishes for Peter. Enjoy your weekend.

G-Man said...

You have to love kids. I have 2 nephews, ages 4 and 6, and i'm always amazed at what they say or come up with!

Granny said...

Saturday a.m. here in cool CA.

Good jokes and lovely poem.

I love Chicken Kiev but have never tried to make it. I should google a recipe unless you'd care to share yours.

Glad you're enjoying the visit. Peter received his birthday greeting early from me.

Oh, and thanks for the comment on Granny.

Unknown said...

I agree: don’t mess with kids. Kids a re uniformly more intelligent than adults!

LZ Blogger said...

Tried to stop by and wish Peter a Happy 70th birtday this morning, but think I may have been EVEN TOOO EARLY for him to notice! I am sure he'll have a GREAT ONE! ~ jb///

JunieRose2005 said...

I LOVE to read the cute things children say!

Have a few from my own ...but this from my granddaughter is a winner!! :)

I don't know if this is the case wher you live but here in our town 9and other places I've been too) occasionally The Fire Dept. has a drive to bring in money! They are at intersections and approach the cars when they stop for the red light with rubber boots held out for donations!

To a little 3 year old I guess this looked a bit confusing! Alli, my granddaughter, asked her mom ..."Mommy, why do the firemen want people to smell their boots?" :)

Junie

Janice Seagraves said...

Hi Merle,

Chicken Kiev? I've never had that, but I love anything with chickn in it.

I love the kids joke, they are absolutely adorable.

Janice~

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Birthday wishes Merle
hope you had a great day .
finally caught up with your posts
enjoy reading them look forward to the next take care love Jan