Hello my Friends ~~ Well how quickly the weeks go by, as it
is Friday again. I trust that all is well with you all and the world
is treating you well. I cannot complain, (well I can and do, but
wont here) as all is well with my part of the world.
I found an easy recipe that you may like. Or not !!
<><><> Cheese and Potato Cakes. <><><>
2 cups of mashed potato
1 cup grated cheese
3 tablespns of melted butter or Margarine
2 beaten eggs
½ cup of flour Salt and pepper (I add a little chopped onion)
Mash the potatos and add melted butter, cheese and salt/pepper
and the 2 beaten eggs. Add flour. Shape into cakes (patties ?)
Dip in breadcrumbs and fry about 15 minutes in a little hot oil.
These would be nice with salad, and not much trouble.
In keeping with the recipes on Fridays, my son sent me these
Blonde Recipes jokes. Enjoy.
Blonde Cookbook! MONDAY: It's fun to cook for Tom. Today I made angel food cake.
The recipe said beat 12 eggs separately. The neighbors were nice
enough to loan me some extra bowls.
<><><> TUESDAY: Tom wanted fruit salad for supper. The recipe said serve
without dressing. So I didn't dress. What a surprise when Tom brought
a friend home for supper
<><><> . WEDNESDAY: A good day for rice. The recipe said wash thoroughly
before steaming the rice. It seemed kind of silly but I took a bath anyway.
I can't say it improved the rice any.
<><><> THURSDAY: Today Tom asked for salad again. I tried a new recipe. It
said prepare ingredients; lay on a bed of lettuce one hour before serving.
Tom asked me why I was rolling around in the garden.
<><><> FRIDAY: I found an easy recipe for cookies. It said put the ingredients in
a bowl and beat it. There must have been something wrong with this recipe.
When I got back, everything was the same as when I left
<><><> SATURDAY: Tom did the shopping today and brought home a chicken.
He asked me to dress it for Sunday (oh boy). For some reason Tom keeps
counting to ten.
SUNDAY: Tom's folks came to dinner. I wanted to serve roast but all I had
was hamburger. Suddenly I had a flash of genius. I put the hamburger in the
oven and set the controls for roast. It still came out hamburger, much to my
<><><> GOOD NIGHT DEAR DIARY. This has been a very exciting week. I am
eager for tomorrow to come so I can try out a new recipe on Tom. If I can
talk Tom into buying a bigger oven, I would like to surprise him with
<><><> The Senility Prayer <><><>
Grant me the Senility to forget the People I never liked.
the good fortune to run into the People I do like.
And the eyesight to Tell the Difference.
<><> 25 Pun and Games with Words. <><>
1. PESSIMIST’s blood type is always B-negative
2. HANGOVER is the wrath of grapes.
3. A SUCCESSFUL diet is the triumph of mind over matter.
4. A GOSSIP is someone with a great sense of rumour.
5. A CHICKEN crossing the road is poetry in motion.
6. A BOILED egg in the morning is hard to beat.
7. A PLATEAU is a high form of flattery.
8. CORDUROY pillows are making headlines.
9. ACUPUNCTURE is a jab well done.
10. EVERY Calendar’s days are numbered.
11. DOES the name Pavlov ring a bell.
12. WHAT’S the definition of a will? A dead giveaway.
13. SHIP’S captains don’t like crew cuts.
14. ENERGIZER Bunny arrested for battery.
15. DI JON VU the same mustard as before.
16. WHEN two egotists meet, it’s an I for an I.
17. WHEN a clock is hungry, it goes back four seconds.
18. WHEN you dream in color, it’s a pigment of your imagination.
19. WHEN an actor saw her first strands of grey hair, she thought
20. READING while sunbathing makes you well red.
21. WITH her marriage, she got a new name and a dress.
22. WITHOUT geometry, life would be pointless.
23. A MAN’S home is his castle, in a manor of speaking.
24. A BICYCLE can’s stand on it’s own because it is two tyred.
25. IN democracy, your vote counts. In feudalism, your count votes.
<><><> And a few thoughts. <><><>
To achieve great things we must live as though we were never
going to die. – Luc de Clapiers. French writer.
Do what you can with what you have, where you are.
--- Theodore Roosevelt.
Those who say a thing cannot be done should not stand in the way
of those who are doing it. Anon.
I prefer old age to the alternative. – Maurice Chevalier.
As a white candle in a Holy place,
So is the beauty of an old face. – Joseph Campwell.
Bye for now my friends, Have a great weekend, Merle.