Sunday, August 27, 2006

IT'S EASY.

Hello my Friends ~~ Tonight will be shorter, and a lot

different. Thank you to those who commented , as I probably wont get round much tonight. I had the sad news today that my cousin, Kath lost her battle with breast cancer after an awful fight, with a mastectomy, chemo, radiation, and 2 brain

operations, the first to remove brain tumours and the recent one to remove scar tissue, that they suspected was another tumour.

The saddest part for me, I spoke to her Friday and told her that I had arranged to visit her next Saturday.Kath was pleased and so was I, but I should have done it sooner.

She leaves a husband, a daughter and 3 grandsons and was only 71, a year younger

than me. R.I.P. dear Kath.

<><><><>

I chose a short verse to post, so I hope there wont be too many typing errors. It is called “IT’S EASY.”

It’s easy to smile on the bright days

It’s harder to smile when they’re blue

The best way to make bad days right days

Is to smile when it’s hardest to do.

<><><>

All things must have a beginning

Now is the moment to choose

Everyone smiles when they’re winning ---

Let’s see you smile when you lose.

<><><><><>><>

I have a joke for you that my friend Sue sent me, so a big thank you Sue. I sure don’t feel

a lot like finding jokes, so it was very timely.

An Answered Prayer

A voyaging ship was wrecked during a storm at sea and only

two of the men on it were able to swim to a small, desert like island.

The two survivors, not knowing what else to do, agree

that they had no other recourse but to pray to God.

<><>

However, to find out whose prayer was more powerful, they

agreed to divide the territory between them and stay on

opposite sides of the island.

<><>

The first thing they prayed for was food. The next morning, the

first man saw a fruit-bearing tree on his side of the land, and he

was able to eat its fruit. The other man's parcel of land

remained barren.

<><>

After a week, the first man was lonely and he decided to pray

for a wife. The next day, another ship was wrecked, and the only

survivor was a woman who swam to his side of the land. On the

other side of the island, there was nothing.

<><>

Soon the first man prayed for a house, clothes, more food. The

next day, like magic, all of these were given to him. However,

the second man still had nothing.

<><>

Finally, the first man prayed for a ship, so that he and his wife

could leave the island. In the morning, he found a ship docked

at his side of the island. The first man boarded the ship with his

wife and decided to leave the second man on the island. He

considered the other man unworthy to receive God's blessings,

since none of his prayers had been answered.

<><>

As the ship was about to leave, the first man heard a voice from

heaven booming, "Why are you leaving your companion on the island?"

<><>

"My blessings are mine alone, since I was the one who prayed for

them," the first man answered. "His prayers were all unanswered

and so he does not deserve anything."

<><>

"You are mistaken!" the voice rebuked him. "He had only one prayer,

which I answered. If not for that, you would not have received any

of my blessings."

<><>

"Tell me," the first man asked the voice, "what did he pray for

that I should owe him anything?"

<><>

"He prayed that all your prayers be answered."

<><>

For all we know, our blessings are not the fruits of our prayers

alone, but those of another praying for us.

<><><><><>

Just a couple of thoughts -- the first on Faith

Without winter, there can be no spring.

Without mistakes there can be no learning.

Without doubts, there can be no faith.

Without fears, there can be no courage.

My mistakes, my fears and my doubts are my

path to wisdom, faith and courage.

<><><><><>

Do all the good you can,

By all the means you can,

In all the ways you can

In all the places you can

At all the times you can,

To all the people you can,

As long as ever you can….. John Wesley.

<><><><>

Say I love you to all the people you love.

Bye for now, Merle.

<><><><><><><>

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merle, my friend!---So sorry to hear the news about your cousin. But I can also see a light to this ending, tho tragic and such a short life for her...she's now in the hand of her savior, safe and always protected from harm.

I love the other stuff you added. So humbling.

May you smile with us in time. Gentle Hugs.

Wystful 1

Kati said...

Hello again, Merle. I'm very sorry to hear about your cousin. But it seems you have a way of finding great poems and jokes, words that help us muddle our way through to the other side!

TJ said...

(((hugs))) Merle...I've sent you an email!

Granny said...

Merle, I'm so sorry about your cousin.

My thoughts are with you and all your family.

Love,

Ann

jel said...

Merle, I'm truly sorry for your lost,

my thoughts and prayers too, go out to you and your family!

((((huggs))))

Carole Burant said...

((((Merle))))I am so terribly sorry about your loss...my thoughts and love are with you! It's never easy losing a loved one but know that you have many friends around you who care. xoxo

Vickie said...

Merle, I am sorry to hear about the loss my thought and prayers will be with you.

Just hold tight to the thought that you did talk with her Friday. That brings comfort.

I send you special thoughts and love .

Pamela said...

Merle, you bring so much joy and light hearted laughter to so many lives that I am sure Kath felt truly blessed, as we all do, to have you in her life. I am so very sorry for your loss...may God hold you in the palm of his hands and comfort you so that you may get through this difficult time of your life.
Hugs n kisses ~ sweet friend

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Dear Merle, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your cousin. My heart goes out to you and your family. Hugs to you, my friend .... Meow

Kelvin said...

Merle, Kia Kaha/Stay strong !!!
My thoughts & prayers from across the ditch, are with you at you sad loss. You may of lost a "friend" but "GOD" has gained a star.

LZ Blogger said...

Merle ~ I am really sorry to hear about your cousin Kath. It is really hard to have to say "GOOD BYE" to someone you love. I hope she didn't have to suffer too long! ~ jb///

JunieRose2005 said...

Merle,

I'm very sorry to hear your sad news.

June

Jeanette said...

Dear Merle
My deepest sympathy on the loss of your cousin Kath . Just be happy to know you spoke to her Friday.
All my love. Take Care, Janxxxx

Val said...

Dear Merle,
I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your cousin Kath.

wendybirde said...

Wow. An Answered Prayer was just lovely Merle! I'm sending it to my Mom : )

rhapsody said...

So sorry Merle!

Thank you for posting for us- it can't be easy under the circumstances- love the lesson in An Answered Prayer.

And I'm glad that you talked to your cousin on Friday- at least you had the chance to make her feel better thinking about seeing you.

audrey` said...

Please take care, Merle.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.