Hi Folks ~~ Happy to be back with you. I had a really bad day and night with gout. Pain was bad, but is OK again today.
I don’t even drink, nor eat rich foods. Oh well, many are so much worse off, and I hope they are getting some respite.
My son John has sent me some jokes, so here goes…….
Two elderly ladies were in a beauty salon getting their hair
done, when in walked a young chick with a low cut blouse that
revealed a beautiful rose tattoed on one breast.
One woman leaned over to the other and said, “Poor thing, she
doesn’t know it, but in 45 years she’ll have a long stemmed rose
in a hanging basket.”
Men are like……….
1. Men are like …LAXATIVES… They irritate the **** out of you .
2. Men are like BANANAS…The older they get, the less firm they are.
3.Men are like ..WEATHER…Nothing can be done to change them.
4. Men are like BLENDERS…You need one, but not sure why.
5. Men are like CHOCOLATE BARS… Sweet, smooth, and they
usually head right for your hips.
6. Men are like COMMERCIALS…..You can’t believe a word they say.
7. Men are like DEPARTMENT STORES…Their clothes are always 50% off.
8, Men are like….GOVERNMENT BONDS…They take soooooo long to mature.
9. Men are like …MASCARA.. They usually run at the first sign
10. Men are like….POPCORN…They satisfy you, but only for a
11. Men are like … SNOWSTORMS…You never know when they’re coming, how many inches you’ll get of how long it will last.
12. Men are like…LAVA LAMPS…..Fun to look at, but not very bright.
13. Men are like…. PARKING SPOTS…. All the good ones are taken, the rest are handicapped.
Some choice ones there !!!
A few wise old sayings…….
Having two ears and one tongue, we should listen twice as
much as we speak. Turkish.
Have confidence in yourself and you can lick anything. Anon.
He that is hard to please, may get nothing in the end.Aesop.
Health is better than wealth. Unknown.
Hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Thomas Norton & Thomas Sackville.
If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. American saying.
If you believe everything you read, better not read. Japanese.
If you can’t say anything nice, then don’t say anything at all.
If you have, give; if you lack, seek. Malay.
If you kick a stone in anger you will hurt your foot. Korean.
If youth knew, if age could. Henri Estienne.
In a crisis, give help first and then advice, Aesop.
It’s not what you say; it’s how you say it. American mothers.
It’s OK to make a mistake, as long as you learn from it. Anon.
Well that is enough wisdom for today. I hope you found something of interest.