Tuesday, January 10, 2006

CONTENTMENT

CONTENTMENT Taking an idea from Bubba. I like the word contentment. I was asked recently if I was happy, and although I am not unhappy ~~ I came to the conclusion that I was content. I am enjoying my life at present, although I live alone & no longer drive a car. But there are pluses to living alone ~ you can eat whenever you want, sleep whenever you want and generally only need to satiafy oneself. I also like words such as … Tranquil ~ meaning peaceful. It makes me think of a calm & restful place. Recently asked if I ever got bored ~ I almost laughed at that one. There is always something to be done ~ a book to read or a little bit of gardening or a TV show to watch, and now blogging. So Boredom does not have a chance here. A few funnies my cousin sent me. Behind every successful woman.. IS HERSELF. Awoman is like a tea-bag…. you don’t know how strong she is until you put her in hot water. I have yet to hear a man ask for advice on how to combine marriage and a career. Coffee, chocolate and men. Some things are just BETTER RICH. Warning : I have an attitude and I know how to use it. Of course I don’t look busy…..I did it right the first time. Do not start with me, you will NOT WIN. All stressed out and no one to choke. If you want breakfast in bed, Sleep in the kitchen. It was a male cousin who sent these.. For women only !!!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Those are so funny! I loved the breakfast in bed.

Contentment to me is happy with what you have, couldn't want for anything else.

Have a great day :-D

Peter said...

Excellent post Merle, something for everyone, a peek at your inner thoughts, some philosophy and some very funny bits.
Who sent you the funnies David or John ?

mreddie said...

Contentment is a very good thing. When I think of tranquility, I think of sitting under a shade tree in the summer with a gentle breeze blowing my hair - I have no hair, but I can imagine. :) And I agree about boredom, it just doesn't stand a chance with me, there is always some job around the house to ignore. ec

LZ Blogger said...

Merle ~ Why did you make me read ALL of those, and then at the end add "For women only!!!" Sure, first you emasculate me, then tell me "I shouldn't be HERE!" Think I'll go write down brother Peter's dip recipe AGAIN! Still your friend in spite of the abuse! ~ jb///

kenju said...

I tried to leave a comment here yesterday, but it wouldn't "take".

Being content wtih your life is much better than chasing happiness all the time.