Wednesday, January 11, 2006

INDIAN WEDDING BLESSING

This is The Indian Wedding Blessing. My daughter Kathy and her husband had this read at their wedding 19 years ago, and I still think it is terrific. Now we feel no rain, for each of us will be a shelter to the other. Now we feel no cold, for each of us will be warmth to the other Now there is no loneliness, for each of us will be a companion to the other. We are two bodies, but there is one life before us and one home When evening falls, I’ll look up and there you’ll be. I’ll take your hand: you’ll take mine and we’ll turn together to look at the road we travelled to reach this hour of our happiness. It stretches behind us, even as the future lies ahead. A long and winding road, whose every turning means discovery Old hopes, new laughter, shared fears. The adventure has just begun.

7 comments:

kenju said...

That's really beautiful!

JunieRose2005 said...

Merle,

I just found your blog by following you from mreddie.

I found it very interesting reading and plan to explore more of your site!

I,too,am an older lady. I will soon be 65. I live in Ocala, Fl USA

I have a Journal/Blog on AOL- I write a lot of family stuff-and also I have some of my poems on it...lots of pics too- of a variety of things.

Hope you will come visit me there. :)

June

http://journals.aol.com/juniper5541/JunipersWorld/

mreddie said...

This is good for young marrieds and also great as a reminder to us old marrieds. ec

Karen said...

That is beautiful!! I love it and think that's how love should be :-)

Have a great day!!

LZ Blogger said...

TRUER WORDS were never spoken than these. Thanks for sharing! ~ jb///

Peter said...

Hi Merle, a popular choice, Bubba's poem also very good.
You might have a little trouble getting to junierose,
but if you persevere you'll find it, I think you then need to sign in to AOL before you can leave a comment, I couldn't comment, so I gave up.

Merle said...

Hi folks ~ Thanks for comments.
Bubba I have just had a very blocked drain which my son cleared after much effort and it
was filled with ROOTS. They did not trip me up, but were a darned nuisance.

Junie Rose ~ Thank you for your nice words. I would like to visit your site, but have been unable to find you so far. Would love to read your poems.