Monday, January 30, 2006

FAMILY and OTHER POEMS

A Family is a blessing, it means so many things Words could never tell, the joy a family brings. A family is a bond of faith, that even time can’t sever A gift to last all our lives, A family is forever. Anonymous. IN MY HEART ~ for an adopted child. Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. And don’t forget for a single minute, You didn’t grow under my heart but in it. Author unknown. ONE HUNDRED YEARS FROM NOW One hundred years from now It won’t matter What kind of car I drove What kind of house I lived in. How much money I had in the bank Nor what my clothes looked like BUT The world may be a little better Because, I was important In the life of a child. Author Unknown. I am very tired tonight after all the hot weather. It is a bit cooler now, but will try to think of something different tomorrow. I lke these three little poems and hope they appeal to some of you, my friends. Have a great week.

3 comments:

Peter said...

Hi Merle, it's been a bit cooler here for the last couple of days too, it hasn't been as hot here as you've had it but the humidity has been pretty high, thank god for retirement and air conditioning.

JunieRose2005 said...

Merle,

I enjoyed the poems a lot. You always find good stuff to post!

Stay cool!

It's a rainy and gloomy day here in my little world today!

June

mreddie said...

The hot weather can wear on a person, but we are not bothered with that today, even though it went up to about 70f. But we still have some more cold weather ahead. Rest well in God's care. ec