Sunday, January 15, 2006

I AM A SENIOR CITIZEN

I’m the life of the party…even when it lasts until 8 p m. I’m very good at opening child-proof caps with a hammer. I’m usually interested in going home before I get to where I’m going. I’m good on a trip for at least an hour without my aspirin, beano and antacid. I’m the first one to find the bathroom wherever I go. I’m awake many hours before my body allows me to get up. I’m smiling all the time because I can’t hear a word you are saying. I’m very good at telling stories…over and over and over. I’m aware that other people’s grandchildren are not as bright as mine. I’m so cared for: long term care, eye care, private care, dental care. I’m not grouchy, I just don’t like traffic, waiting, crowds, children or politicians…. I’m positive I did housework correctly before my mate retired. I’m sure everything I can’t find is in a secure place. I’m wrinkled, saggy and lumpy, and that’s just my left leg. I’m having trouble remembering simple words like…… I’m realizing that aging is not for sissies. I’m anti-everything now: anti-fat, anti-smoke, anti-noise, anti- inflammation. I’m sure they are making adults much younger these days. I’m wondering…if you are as old as you feel. how can I be alive at 135. I’m supporting all movements now… by eating bran, prunes and raisins. I’m a Senior Citizen and I think I am having the time of my life. Author Unknown. An oldie but a goodie!!!

3 comments:

Peter said...

Hi Merle, I'm sure everything I can't find is in a secure place too, very bloody secure or I'd have found it by now!!!

Karen said...

Those are great!! I can apply some to me... but I'm printing the whole list off for my parents. They'll get a kick out of them.

I hope you had a great weekend! :-D

LZ Blogger said...

Cute Merle! I am getting there myself! But still having the time of my life anyway! ~ jb///