Wednesday, January 04, 2006

THE TV IS MY SHEPHERD

The TV is my Shepherd: I shall turn it on. It makes me lie down on the sofa. It ravishes my soul. It leads me in the paths of Ignorance and violence, For the sponsor’s sake. Yea, though I walk in the shadow Of my responsibilities, There will be no interruptions; For the TV is with me. It’s cable and it’s remote control They comfort me, It prepares a commercial Before me, It plants lies within my mind. It anoints my head With materialism. My coveting runneth over. Surely laziness and ignorance Shall follow me all the days of my life; And I shall dwell in the house Watching TV and it’d propaganda Until the day tyranny breaks down My door, And I can no longer hide from it; Behind my television, anymore. With apologies to The 23rd Psalm.

No comments: