Tuesday, January 17, 2006

WORDS OF FAITH

Without winter, there can be no spring. Without mistakes, there can be no learning. Without doubts, there can be no faith. Without fears, there can be no courage. My mistakes, my fears and my doubts are my path to wisdom, faith and courage. ANON. Be still, sad heart and cease repining; Behind the clouds is the sun still shining; Thy fate is the common fate of all, Into each life some rain must fall. LONGFELLOW. Hold faithfulness and sincerity as first principles. CONFUCIUS, Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R.TOLKIEN. If you can’t have faith in what is held up to you for faith, you must find things to believe in yourself, for a life without faith in something is too narrow a space to live. GEORGE E. WOODBERRY. Believe that life is worth living, and your belief will help create the fact. WILLIAM JAMES. Do all the good you can, By all means you can, In all ways you can, In all places you can, At all times you can, To all the people you can, As long as ever you can. JOHN WESLEY. I enjoy these words and hope they will interest some of you. Just at present I have a very worried mind. Tomorrow my eldest daughter faces a serious operation and I cannot help worrying. However faith that all will be well keeps me going.

4 comments:

Peter said...

Hi Merle, hope you get good news about Julie real soon, let me know please.

JunieRose2005 said...

Merle,

My thoughts and prayers will be with you ,that all will be well with your daughter.

June

kenju said...

I sincerely hope that all goes well, Merle. It seems no matter how old our kids are - we never cease being worried mommas, do we?


"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."
J.R.R.TOLKIEN.
That line made me think of a woman I knew once. We had a mutual friend who was diagnosed with colon cancer. After the diagnosis, my friend never received a visit from the other woman, and they had been friends for years and years. I guess she couldn't handle the news, but I thought it was terrible of her to abandon our friend in her time of need.

LZ Blogger said...

Nice quotes Merle! I really like that ANON guy! ~ Hope all is well! ~ jb///