Sunday, January 01, 2006

GOLDEN RULES FOR LIVING If you open it, close it. If you turn it on, turn it off. If you unlock it, lock it up. If you break it, admit it. If you can’t fix it, Call someone who can. If you borrow it, return it. If you value it, take care of it. If you make a mess, clean it up. If you move it, put it back. If it belongs to someone else and You want to use it, get permission. If you don’t know how to Operate it, leave it alone. If it’s none of your business, Don’t ask questions. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. If it will brighten someone’s day, say it. If it will tarnish someone’s Reputation, keep it to yourself. Author unknown. It is an oldie, but at this time of year I feel a repeat is OK.

5 comments:

Peter said...

No title Merle, did you set the lines out that way? or did ever helpful blogger do it?

Merle said...

Hi Peter - What do you mean no titles. Both these two have titles. And I set it out & it was how I wanted it.
The title from A Quiet Word was meant to be Receiving & giving love through life. I have made the titles bigger - is there no pleasing you.
Thanks for addresses I wanted.

Ivy the Goober said...

Good rules!

LZ Blogger said...

Most rules were made to be broken! These look like ones to be KEPT! ~ jb///

Peter said...

Hi Merle, hey it's your blog you do whatever you want to, I'm only making suggestions, when I said no titles that's the heavy brown one that you only get if you put it in the title line above the post box.
Quite often I find I need to edit a post because when it's posted it will put a word on a seperate line or not run on as it should etc.
With heronsnest and the new holtieshouse template we can use a larger font and still get a fair bit of text on a line, much better than my old template and lots of others.