Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Better World

Hello My Friends ~~ Well here we are again with good

intentions to offer another post. I have had a busy day

Fortnightly shopping day and so far I don’t think I forgot

anything this time. Then later I had to go, by Taxi (cab)

to the Podiatrist, so I am rather late getting to this.

<><><><> To Build a Better World. <><><><>

And how to build a better world ?

Well not by chart or plan,

Unless we start to teach the boy

To be a better man.

For all our dreams of nobler things

Will meet the same old fate,

Unless we turn to fellowship

And do away with hate.

<><><><><>

Older people speak of the younger generation as if they

had nothing to do with it.

<><><><><>

Many an argument is sound ---- just sound.

<><><><><>

People who always keep their ear to the ground are more

than likely to pick up a little dirt.

<><><><><>

It matters not how old you are ---but how you are old.

<><><><><>

The way to better your lot ---- is to do a lot better.

<><><><><>

SEQUINS --- A mermaid’s five children.

<><><><><>

Smile --- and when you’re tired of smiling ---try laughing.

<><><><><>

Looking for a joke now----

I’m Tired.

Yes I’m tired. For a few years now I’ve been blaming it on

age, poor blood, lack of vitamins, air pollution and other

maladies that make you wonder if life is really worth living---

But now, I find out that I’m tired because I’m overworked,

* The population of this country is 17 million, but 6 million

are retired.

*That leaves ll million to do the work.

· Then there are 4 million at school, that leaves 7 million

· to do the work.

· Of this total, 1 million are unemployed and 3 million are

government bludgers.

That leaves 3 million to do the work. Take from that the

2 million employed by Councils and Local Athorities and

that leaves 1 million to do the work.

· Now in this country there are 620,000 in Hospitals and

· 399,998 in Prisons, That leaves just TWO people to do

· the work ---- you and me---- and you’re sitting on your

· backside reading this --- NO Wonder I am Tired.

<><><><><>

· Brain Teaser -- Bob married two women without dvorcing

· either one and with neither woman divorcing him or

· committing bigamy or dying. How is he able to do this ?

· <><><><>

A woman has two sons born in the same hour of the same day

of the same year, but they were not twins. ??

<><><><><>

Answers in Comments.

<><><><><> AND FINALLY

If you are a kleptomaniac is there anything you can take for it?

Cheerio for now, Take care, Merle.

<><><><><><><><>

10 comments:

Merle said...

Answers, 1. Bob was a priest.

2. The two babies were two of
triplets.

Did you guess them both?
Cheers, Merle.

TJ said...

You are just a hoot...and I love ya!!!
:-D

Susie said...

Well, no, I didn't guess them! (but I'm still working on my first cup of coffee)
Enjoy your day!!!

mreddie said...

Wow - I got both of them, my brain must have been more awake than normal. So true that to build a better world we have to start when the offspring are young. And no matter how the older speak of the younger, many times they are the cause of them being that way. ec

Crazedmomof4 said...

I always wonder why my kids are sarcastic, when sarcasim is my parenting style. ;) :D

I hope all went well for you today!

JunieRose2005 said...

As always, Merle, you lifted my spirits and made me smile! :)

JunieRose

Carole Burant said...

Well I know the answers now because I read them in your comment! lol Loved the I'm Tired one...no wonder I'm so exhausted! lol

kenju said...

Laughing at the klepto joke!!

Jacqui said...

Hi Merle, just enjoyed catching up on all your posts, this is the first chance I have had to blog in nearly a week, enjoyed your posts as usual,
hugs jacqui.

rhapsody said...

Love brain teasers, altho I can't always figure them out:) Will wait to check the answers for the next time, in case I don't!