Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Friendship.

Hello Friends ~~ I got the following item in an e-mail It has nice sentiments, but I don’t know how it will post.

We can only try. Thanks to all who left comments if I have missed anyone they are all appreciated.

My son got me some pumpkin after work, so I guess I will have to do some meals tomorrow.

I had made some dumplings that he likes, this is like little scones on top of a casserole. I add a little extra water so there is enough gravy liquid to cook the dumplings in. It is just some butter, flour and milk.

My mother used to call it Sea Pie. Tastes nice !!

FRIENDSHIP

What would you do if every time you wanted someonthey would never be there? What would you do if for every moment you were truly happy there would be 10minutes sadness?

What would you do if your best friend died tomorrow and you never got to tell them how you felt? So, I just wanted to say, even if I never talk to you again in my life, you are special to me and you have made a difference in my life.

I look up to you, respect you, and truly cherish you. Send this to all your friends, no matter how often you talk, or how close you are. Let old friends know you haven't forgotten them, and tell new friends you never will. Remember, everyone needs a friend, someday you might feel lik you have NO FRIENDS at all, just remember this e-mail and take comfort in knowing some body out there cares about you and always will. I'll always be there

In times of trouble,

In times of need, If you are feeling sad, You can count on me. I will give you a wink,

Until you smile, give you a hug,

And stand by your side. I'l l be there for you till the end,

I'll always and forever, be your friend!

<><> To continue the Friendship Theme.. <><>

Friendship between Women:

A woman didn’t come home one night. The next day, she told her husband that she slept over at a girlfriend’s house.

The man called his wife’s 10 best female friends.

None of them knew anything about it.

<><><><><><>

Friendship between Men :

A man didn’t come home one night. The next day, he told his wife that he had slept over at a mate’s house.

The woman called her husband’s 10 best mates.

Eight of them confirmed that he had slept there.

Two claimed that he was still there.

This bloke stuck hs head in the door of a barber shop and asked: “How long before I can get a haircut?”

“About two hours.” The bloke left.

A few days later, the same guy came back and asked: “how long before I can get a haircut?”

The barber looked around the shop and said: “About 3 hours”

Again the man left.

Another week, and the same guy asked: “How long before I can get a haircut?”

The barber looked around the shop and said: “About an hour and a half.” The man left.

The barber turned to his mate Bill and said: “Hey, do me a favour. Follow that guy and see where he goes. He keeps asking how long he has to wait for a haircut, but he doesn’t come back.”

A little while later, Bill returned to the shop, laughing hysterically. The barber asked: So where does that guy go when he leaves here?”

Bill looked up, tears in his eyes, and said: “Your house.”

<><><><> A Male Blond Joke, Thanks MrEddie <><><><>

A couple of blond men in a pick-up truck drove into a lumberyard. One blond man walked in the office and said:

“We need some four-by-twos.”

The clerk said: “ You mean two-by- fours, don’t you?”

The man said, “I’ll go check” and went back to the truck.

He returned a minute later and said, “Yeah, I meant two-by-fours.”

“Alright. How long do you need them?

The customer paused for a moment and said, “ Uh..I’d better go check.”

After awhile the blond returned to the office and said,

“A long time. We’re gonna build a house.”

<><><><> Thought for the Day <><><><>

The man who does things makes many mistakes, but he never makes the biggest mistake of –- doing nothing.

-- Benjamin Franklin.

<><>Bye for now ~~ Take care, Cheers, Merle.<><>

19 comments:

Susie said...

Nice thoughts on friendship! I have heard of dumplings (like chicken and dumplings) but never Sea Pie!

TJ said...

Loved the barbershop joke...will write that down to read to my husband...he is the joke teller...once he has it down he can tell it over and over and it is funny to me every time!!
:-D

Emmy Ellis said...

That gravy sounds lovely. Yum!

:o)

kansasrose said...

You have a very nice blog! I have never heard of pumpkin dumplings before. They sound quite tasty! Pumpkins are so hard to grow for me. Last autumn I only had two little mini pumpkins out of a big garden planted of them!

Pear tree cottage! said...

Well! hello to a fellow central victorian. I am down near Kyneton and just popped over from Kerrie's "colors of the garden" Your blog is just lovely and I would be so happy to see you visit mine.

We know Shepparton & Nathalia very well and we just sadly laid to rest our Great uncle claude up at Nathalia a couple of weeks back but it was a celebration as he was 101 years old. :o)

So pleased I found your blog it is lovely.

Clare said...

Hi Merle

Nice writings about friendship :). Hope you are well.

rhapsody said...

Good thing I ate before I got here!

The jokes are too funny- the best friends & the barber joke were my favorites:)

Stay well 'til next time!

madameplushbottom said...

Oh Merle - you never cease to tickle my funny bone. I love the jokes as usual.

Glad to hear your son was able to bring you some pumpkin. What a nice reward for him . . .the dumplings and such.

You sound like a sweet mother that anyone would be blessed to be able to call mom.

mreddie said...

With my best Southern drawl I say - you have really flung a craving on me with that Sea Pie. ec

Ava said...

Hello there!

I'm glad that you were able to get some pumpkin. Your dish sure sounds good!

Raggedy said...

I heard the jokes before but it was good to see them again.
I am glad you got your pumpkin.
Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) meow hugs
(")_ (")Š from da Raggedy one

Carole Burant said...

Always love reading the poems, jokes, sayings, etc on your blog every day...you really are a delightful person:-)

wazza said...

Gidday Merle, thanks for your comments on my blog. Loved the barbershop joke.
Don't think I'm gonna be a daily blogger but will have to wait and see.

Granny said...

Funny as usual.

And I've gotten way behind on my reading.

Peter said...

Hi Merle, good stuff.

Jacqui said...

Like all of the above, I love reading your posts Merle, I've made a few dumpling stews this year, they are yummy.hugs jacqui

megz_mum said...

Like the jokes, also the friendship paragraph!

Wystful1 said...

It's always an extreme pleasure visiting your blog Merle.

Today is nothing different.

Love the jokes, I keep coming back for more.

The haircut? Hmmmmmmmm, made me laugh once again.

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Your jokes about men were hilarious.