Sunday, July 09, 2006

Improvement Recipe.

Hello Friends ~~ I hope the world is treating you right.

Kathy got home this afternoon and luckily her daughter

Kate has about 3 weeks holiday from University, so is home

and will do all the things that her mother cannot do for a

few weeks. It works out very well and Kate is very capable

so all is well there. Now see what I can find to post.

<><><><><>

<><><><> Recipe for Improvement. <><><><>

If all the sleeping folks will wake up

And all the lukewarm folks will fire up

And all the dishonest folks will confess up

And all the disgruntled folks will sweeten up

And all the discouraged folks will cheer up

And all the depressed folks will look up

And all the gossipers will shut up

Wouldn’t the world improve ?

<><><><><><>

<><><> Prayer for the Middle-Aged and Older <><><>

Lord, Thou knowest better than I could know myself that

I am growing older and will some day be old. Keep me from

the habit of thinking I must say something on every subject

and on every occasion.

<><><>

Release me, I pray, from craving to straighten out everybody’s

affairs. With my vast store of wisdom, it seems a pity not to

use it all, but Thou knowest, Lord, that I want a FEW friends

at the end.

<><><><>

Keep my mind free from the recital of endless details: give me wings to get to the point. Seal my lips from my aches and pains.

They are increasing, and love of rehearsing them is becoming sweeter as the years go by. I dare not ask for grace enough

to enjoy the tales of other’s pains, but help me to endure them

with patience.

<><><><>

I dare not ask for an improved memory, but for a growing

humility and a lessening of cocksureness when my memory

disagrees with the memory of others. Teach me the glorious

lesson that just occasionally, I may be mistaken.

<><><><>

Keep me reasonably sweet. I do not want to be a Saint, some of

them are so hard to live with. But a sour soul, mature in years,

is one of the crowning works of the devil.

<><><><>

Give me the ability to see good things in unexpected places, and talents in unexpected people; and give me, O Lord, the grace to tell them so.

<><><><><><> A Joke called The Lottery. <><><><><><>

A blonde finds herself in serious trouble. Her business has gone bust and she is in dire financial straits. She is so desperate that she decides to ask God for help.

She begins to pray: “God, please help me. I’ve lost my business

and if I don’t get some money, I’m going to lose my house as well. Please let me win the lottery.”

Lottery night comes, and someoe else wins.

She agan prays: “God, please let me win the lottery. I’ve lost my business, my house and I’m going to lose my car as well.”

Lottery night comes and she still has no luck.

Once again she prays: “My God, why have you forsaken me?

I’ve lost my business, my house, and my car. My children

are starving. I don’t often ask You for help, and I’ve always been a good servant to You. PLEASE let me win the lottery

just this one time so I can get my life back in order.”

Suddenly there is a blinding flash of light as the heavens open.

The blonde is overwhelmed by the Voice of God, Himself…….

“Sweetheart, work with Me on this…… Buy a ticket.”

<><><> Well that is it for this post – sorry it has got so long, so

until we meet again ~ Goodbye for now, Merle. <><><>

18 comments:

Susie said...

Good advise in the prayer for the seniors among us!
Glad your daughter is doing well.
Enjoy the weekend....

JunieRose2005 said...

:) Merle, I loved all of them!

That blonde joke was really funny!!

June

Anonymous said...

I've never bought a lottery ticket. I think the odds are better that someone will just walk up and give me the money!

Carole Burant said...

Glad to hear Kathy is home and getting some help:-) Loved the poems and especially the blonde joke...I'm blonde but at least I DO buy lottery tickets! lol Have a great day Merle.

Vickie said...

Ms.Merle. Glad that Kathy is home and doing much better.
I know as a mother this has been weighing very much on
your mind.

As always it has been my pleasure to visit with you here
and enjoy what you have shared. I hope you have a nice weekend.

kenju said...

I love the one about praying that you won't speak about everything on every occasion...LOL I know someone who needs to pray that often.

Hale McKay said...

Nice post, Merle. The blonde and the lottery ticket is funny everytime I hear it.

.I really liked the recipe for improvement.

Michelle said...

Morning Merle :o)
Glad Kathy made it home and has some much needed assistance. Love the lottery joke :o)

Donna~K said...

I'm glad to hear Kathy is home and getting help.

I love the Recipe for Improvement. I've heard the lottery one before but it's always funny.

Hope you are having a great weekend. Hugs! Donnak

Granny said...

I love the one about seniors. I hadn't seen it in a while.

I forgot to tell you that I have no problem with you mentioning me on the stuff I send you but my feelings won't be hurt if you don't.

I'm just passing them on - I'm not the author.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful!!
I wish you & Kathy the very BEST!

doubleknot said...

Great prayer - Oh so much is true.

At least if I do pray to win the lottery I have bought a ticket. Problem was I would win three numbers, four numbers so I had to change my prayer to please Lord let me win all six numbers.

Raggedy said...

I enjoyed the post. The prayers were great and the joke was funny.
Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) meow hugs
(")_ (")Š from da Raggedy one
*

Alice said...

Hope Kathy is fit and well in no time at all. Loved the prayer for the oldies - really rings a bell.

Hope you're having a lovely weekend. Maybe it's even raining???

Ava said...

So glad to hear that Kathy is well and has help from her daugher while she's on holiday.

I hope that the world is treating you well!!

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I really liked the recipe for improvement...that was really good.

Anonymous said...

I love your recipe for improvement, VERY COOL! What if that were to happen, JUST THINK! :o) Thank you so much for your comment & updating me, I'm so glad everything is going so well. :o)

rhapsody said...

Best to you & your family:)

Thanks for the sensible words of wisdom, & the laughs- loved that blonde joke!

& also wrote down the special ingredients for that excellent recipe- good for every diet!