Sunday, July 30, 2006

Such is Life.

Hello my friends~~ Sunday night here, and all is well. I have a couple of

jokes to post, and it seems that they dictate the size and font to be used.

So it looks like small text – sorry. Thanks to all who commented. I was

quite surprised that quite a few folks had never tasted lamb, and even a

couple who did and did not like it. We love it in Australia with mint sauce.

A few years ago, when Tom Cruise was our favorite son-in-law, there was

an advertisment about a girl winning a date with Tom and she said “No,

I can’t go, Mum is making a lamb roast.”.. These days, she probably still

wouldn’t go even if Mum was serving sausages.!!.

<><><><><>

<><> A Little Story called “SUCH IS LIFE” <><>

A man lived by the side of the road and sold Hot Dogs. He was hard of

hearing, so he had no radio. But he sold good Hot Dogs. He used to stand by

the of the road, and call, “Buy a Hot Dog Mister!!” And people bought.

<><><>

They bought so well, he increased his meat and roll orders. He bought a bigger

stove to take care of his business, and then brought his son home from college

to help him. But, then something happened. His son said, “Father, haven’t you

been listening to the radio? There’s a dreadful depression on. The European

situation is bad, the situation in Asia is terrible, and the domestic situation

is worse.”

<><><>

Whereupon the father thought, “Well, my son has been to college---he listens

to the radio, and he ought to know.” So he cut down his meat and roll orders

and he stopped going out to the side of the road and calling out “Buy a Hot Dag

Mister.” And his Hot Dog sales fell off within a fortnight.

“You’re quite right, son,” the father said to his boy, “we certainly are in the

middle of a terrible depression.”

<><><><>

<><><> A Couple of Jokes. <><><>

The new Supermarket near our house has an automatic water mister to keep the produce fresh. Just before it goes on, you hear the sound of a thunderstorm and the smell of fresh rain. When you approach the milk cases, you hear cows mooing and witness the scent of fresh butter fat. When you approach the egg case, you hear hens cackle and the air is filled with the pleasing aroma of eggs frying. So far I have been too afraid to go down the toilet paper aisle ------------ ------------- ------------- ---------- ------------- ----------------- ---------- Prime Minister John Howard, Federal Treasurer Peter Costello, and Industrial Relations

Minister Kevin Andrews are flying on the Executive Airbus to a gathering in Canberra when

:Howard turns to Costello and says,chuckling, "You know, I could throw a $100 note out the

window right now and make someone very happy" , Costello shrugs and replies, "Well, I could

throw ten $10 notes out the window and make ten people happy" , Not to be outdone, Andrews

says, "Well I could throw a hundred $1 coins out the window and make a hundred people happy" ,

The pilot rolls his eyes and says to his co-pilot, "Such arrogant asses back there. Hell, I could

throw all three of them out the window and make millions of people happy"

This last one is about our Political Leaders, but I think it will be understood!!

<><><> More from my Calender. <><><>

Where we love is home, home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts. The chain

may lengthen, but it never parts. –Oliver Wendell Holmes.

<><><>

Act as though it were impossible to fail. –Ralph Waldo Emerson.

<><><>

I go to books and to nature as a bee goes to the flower, for a nectar that I can make

into my own honey. --- John Burroughs.

<><><>

A day well spent brings a happy sleep. --- Leonardo da Vinci.

<><><>

A glorious sunset, a baby’s smile, a beautiful work of fine art. Divine essence is

everywhere in the eyes of the heart.

<><><> That’s it for now. Take care and have fun, Merle. <><><>

13 comments:

TJ said...

always a smile on my face when I visit you Merle!!
~~~hugs~~~

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Just thought I'd stop in for a few laughs and to see what you are up to on a Sunday night.
Have a wonderful day.
Sandy

Anonymous said...

Just blogging through. I've never had lamb either, but it sounds really good!

Raggedy said...

Good post!
BTW it was not a song yesterday.
It was Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz who clicked her heals together and said "There's no place like home." three times...
The lamb sounded so yummy I was clicking my heals to "There's no place like Merle's"
It worked for Dorothy, she got home. It didn't work for me no matter how many different shoes I tried. I couldn't get to your house for the lamb... *sigh
Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) huge huggles
(")_ (")Š from da Raggedy one

bornfool said...

Quite a lesson in the hot dog story, Merle. Good jokes, too. Take care.

Carole Burant said...

Happy Sunday Merle...although your Sunday is already over where you are! lol Had to laugh at the Tom Cruise advertisement...no doubt Aussies don't feel the same about him now! lol Great jokes and I love that very last saying. Big hugs!!

Granny said...

Hi Merle. Both funny and thoughtful as always.

Lamb is expensive here which is why it may be less common. I look at it sometimes and say "I don't think so".

Peter said...

"Such is life " were the last words that Ned Kelly spoke before they hung him.

kenju said...

I LOVE the grocery store joke, merle!

Susie said...

That grocery store one was really funny!
Can you imagine???

The Amazing Trips said...

Such great jokes!

One of my favorites (which you may have heard) is a married Australian man and an Italian woman have a love affair. She becomes pregnant. He confides to her that if anyone were to hear of their affair, his life and marriage would be ruined. He then tells the woman that he will fully support the child once it is born, and all that she needs to do is send him a postcard writing "Spaghetti" on it, once the baby arrives.

Nine months later, the man comes home from work to see his wife holding out a postcard with a perplexed look on her face. She hands him the card and says "I don't understand this... it makes NO sense!" The man looks at the card, and instantly faints.

On the card it read ... "Spaghetti, spaghetti, spaghetti. One with meatballs, two without."

Just a little triplet humor for you! :) :) :)

Karen said...

Thank you for the smiles and giggles, the jokes were fun and I enjoyed the quotes.

I had lamb ages ago at my aunt's house, well, lambchops. I don't remember either liking or disliking it, it's expensive so we didn't have it in our family.

Have a wonderful day!

Crazedmomof4 said...

I will not eat lamb!

I agree about Tom Cruise!

I love the grocery store story!:D