Friday, July 07, 2006

Bible Quiz Answers

Howdy Friends ~~ I hope you have had a good day and that the weekend will

be wonderful for you all. Well here are the answers to the Bible Quiz…….

Thanks to all who played, I hope you had fun!

There are 30 books of the Bible in this paragraph. Can you find them? This is a most remarkable puzzle. It was found by a gentleman in an airplane seat pocket on a flight from Los Angelesto Honolulu, keeping him occupied for hours. He enjoyed it so much, he passes it on to some friends. One friend from Illinois worked on this while fishing from his john boat. Another friend studied it while playing his banjo Elaine Taylor, a columnist friend judges the job of solving his puzzle so involving, she brews a cup of tea to help her nerves. There will be some names that are really easy to spot. That's a fact Somec people however will soon find themselves in a jam, especially since the book names are not necessarily capitalized. Truthfully, from answers we get, we are forced to admit it usually takes a minister or scholar to see some of them at the worst. Research has shown that something in our genes is responsible for the difficulty we have in seeing the books in this paragraph. During a recent fund raising event, which featured this puzzle, the Alpha Delta Phi lemonade booth set a new sales record. The local paper, The Chronicle surveyed over 200 patrons who reported that this puzzle was one of the most difficult they have ever seen. As Daniel Humana humbly puts it, "The books are all right here in plain view hidden from sight." Those able to find all of them will hear great lamentations from those who have to be shown. One revelation that may help is that books like Timothy and Samuel may occur without their numbers Also keep in mind, that punctuation and spaces in the middle are normal. A chipper attitude will help you compete really well against those who claim to know the answers. Remember, there is no need for a mad exodus as there really are 30 books of the Bible lurking somewhere in this paragraph waiting to be found.

<><><><><><>

Acts

Amos

Chronicles

Daniel

Esther

Exodus

Genesis

Hebrews

Hosea

James

Job

Joel

John

Judges

Kings

Lamentations

Luke

Malachi

Mark

Matthew

Nahum

Numbers

Peter

Philemon

Revelation

Romans

Ruth

Samuel

Timothy

Titus

<><><><><><> Now wasn’t that fun? <><><><><><>

Couple of Jokes

…..

A man and his wife walked into a dental surgery. The man said, “Doc. I’m in a hell of a hurry.” “I’ve a couple of mates sitting in the car outside, we’re booked to tee off at 10 am at the best golf course in town and it’s already 9.30. So forget about the anaesthetic…

I don’t have time to hang around waiting for it to work. Just pull the tooth and be done with it.”

<><><><><>

The dentist was impressed, thinking the man was very brave, just demanding the

tooth come out with nothing to deaden the pain.

“Which tooth is it, sir?”

“Open your mouth, honey, and show him.” the golfer said.

<><><><><><><>

Four very church-going ladies, were discussing how important their sons were.

The first one tells her friends: “My son is a priest and when he walks into a

room, everyone calls him Father.”

The second woman chirps: “Well my son is a bishop and when he walks into a

room, people say “Your Grace’ “

The third lady says smugly: “Well not to put you dowm, but my son is a cardinal

and whenever he walks into a room people say, ‘ Your Eminence.’ “

The fourth woman sips her coffee in silence. The other three look at her expectantly

and finally one of them says: “Well?”

She replies: “My son is gorgeous, 189 cm, firm bodied, six-pack-equipped, well

hung male stripper. And whenever he walks into a room, women say: ‘My God’.”

<><><><><> Couple of sayings……..

“Insanity is hereditary. You get it from your kids.”

Sometimes the fool who rushes in gets the job done. Al Bernstein.

<><><><><>

Watch your thoughts, they become your words

Watch your words, they become your actions

Watch you actions, they become your habits

Watch your habits, they become your character

Watch your character, it becomes your destiny.

<><><><><><> Bye for now ~~ Stay well and happy, Merle. <><><><><><>

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

the very last one (I think) is truly words to live by. I'll copy that one down. Thank you

JunieRose2005 said...

:) I liked the Dental/golfer one!!

June

Jacqui said...

Hi Mere, I managed 24 in the Quiz.
The farmer's divorce was very good.
All is well here, hugs jacqui

LZ Blogger said...

Merel ~ "Titus" is the one that everyone has the most trouble finding because it covers three words and is a very short name. I wish I would have had this post several months ago, when I spent a couple of hours trying to find them all! ~ jb///

Joy Des Jardins said...

Great quiz Merle...thanks.

I hope you've been well. I'm glad to be back visiting my blogging buddies..I really missed you all.

Had a wonderful time with the family...but, I miss the babes already. I'm a little pooped out, but never too pooped to read my blogs. See you soon...

Raggedy said...

Good stuff Merle! I really liked the last part there. I am really getting a kick out of visiting here. I am addicted.

Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) meow hugs
(")_ (")Š from da Raggedy one
*

TJ said...

Loved the golfer joke best of all...as my hubby is a golfer, in his younger days of golf he might have pulled this but not today...he likes for me to go caddy now.
:-D

kenju said...

That's a sneaky Bible test, Merle. No wonder I couldn't find many of them! LOL

Anonymous said...

WOW. We are in control of our own destiny aren't we!! Great post, and I find your writings very helpful to stay on track!!

Take care and have a GREAT weekend! I will be taking my Dad to a parade, dinner at the park, listen to my nephews wife sing...(the small towns in the Midwest all have their town celebrations going on now...) then run my Dad back to his home...and then do HOMEWORK the rest of the weekend. WHEEWW...did manage to get a short 10 mile bike ride in tonite...but the sun was starting to set so figured I best cut my ride short...and here I am!! :)

Peg

Granny said...

The ones I missed are so obvious now.

Still, 26 isn't bad.

mreddie said...

Liked the one about the dentist - it's easy to be flippant about someone else's pain. Then the one on the end - so true, our thoughts eventually become our destiny. ec

Donna~K said...

I liked the dentist post; and the last part is great.

I posted your yellow dress blog on my other page, everyone that read it seemed to like it. Thanks for switching blogs with me.

Hugs! :)

Lucy Stern said...

I liked the last one Merle, it is so true. It is like sewing your seeds, be careful what you sew.

The books of the Bible quiz was great. It's kind of like a cross word puzzle.

Peter said...

“Insanity is hereditary. You get it from your kids.”

I've been saying this for years, and it can be true.

HORIZON said...

I passed the bible quiz onto my father who got them all within the hour! He is a retired minister-lol l suppose that helped.
I however am still working on it- in between kids and cleaning and blogging.
So will not look too closely:)

Carole Burant said...

Hmmm, I flunked the Bible test...tsk tsk tsk!!! lol I never even thought of putting letters together from ends of words to starts of other words...that was sneaky!!! So obvious now, though, once you highlight them in the text! lol

The Heir said...

yeah, that habits thing is great, we have something very similar in part of our training. the bible quiz was great, some very well hidden ones in there, funny it was the obvious names i seemed to miss, except for esther, that one took me by surprise!!

Wystful1 said...

Well, I found 26 out of 30, so guess that's not bad. But the sad part is, the ones I didn't find are so obviously right out there in front of me!! GEEZ