Saturday, July 01, 2006

Special Angel.

Good Evening or Good Morning to you all. I hope you are enjoying a great weekend doing what you like to do on weekends. I am having a quiet time and loving it. No cooking today, so that’s nice but I am eating !! Just a note on the Pasta Salad recipe, from my last post. I believe Capsicums are called Bell Peppers in United States. Not sure about other places. I grew some last summer, in my back yard. I add them to most salads and casseroles. As well as taste, they add color. I like red ones best for that reason, but also use green. Have never tried the yellow ones. I am watching an AFL game as I do this – my team Carlton against Peter’s team Brisbane and it is in Brisbane. Go the Blues !!! Brisbane won. Boo !!

<><><><>

The next lovely verse is dedicated to all the nurses and people who care for others, who are unable to care for themselves. And to the folks that just love others.

SPECIAL ANGELS

Sometimes a special angel is chosen to come here

To be a part of our lives, to fill our hearts with cheer.

To walk among us everyday

At home, at work, at play

To touch our lives with kindness, to teach us how to love

To be a beacon for us, to Heaven up above.

They only stay a little while, Sometimes days or years.

Our lives seem empty when they go; our eyes are filled with tears.

Our hearts and dreams lie shattered like eggshells on the floor,

But God opens windows when He closes doors.

In their lives is a message of faith and hope and power

Believe this even in your darkest weakest hour

Death has no mastery over us when we believe in Him

Death is a beginning, death is not the end.

Eternal life His promise, He told us this is true.

Believe in God and serve Him well and He will care for you.

He will give you peace when your tears begin to flow,

He will touch your heart, so deep inside you know

The one you thought was lost , is not really lost at all,

They have just gone on before in heed of Heaven's call

Gone to God in Heaven where they will safely be

Until the Faithful join together for eternity.

<><><><>

I just got a phone call from my son-in-law to tell me that Kathy is in hospital

and has had her finger operated on, AND

she has to have another op tomorrow or te next day. So I hope

she will be OK. I am sure she will be, but we Mums do worry.

<><><><>Better look for some jokes..<><><><>

This is called “Hell Hath No Fury”, an oldie, but funny….

She spent the first day packing her belongings into boxes,

crates and suitcases.

On the second day, she had the movers come and collect her things.

On the third day, she sat down for the last time at their beautiful dining table by candlelight, put on some background music, and feasted

on a pound of shrimp, a jar of caviar, and a bottle of Chardonnay.

When she had finished, she went into each and every room and deposited a few half-eaten shrimp shells, dipped in caviar, into the hollow of the curtain rods. She then cleaned up the kitchen and left.

When the husband returned with his new girlfriend, all was bliss for the first few days. Then slowly the house began to smell. They tried

everything; cleaning and mopping and airing the place out. Vents were checked for dead rodents, and carpets were steam-cleaned.

Air fresheners were hung everywhere. Exterminators were brought in to

set off gas cannisters, during which they had to move out for a few days,

and in the end they even paid to replace the expensive wool carpeting.

Nothing worked. People stopped coming over to visit. Repairmen refused

to work in the house. The maid quit. Finally they could not take the stench any longer and decided to move.

A month later, even though they had cut their price in half, they could not find a buyer for their stinky house. Word got out, and eventually even the local realtors refused to return their calls.

Finally they had to borrow a huge sum of money from the bank to purchase a new place.

The ex-wife called the man, and asked how things were going. He told her the saga of the rotting house. She listened politely, and said that she

missed her old home terribly, and would be willing to reduce her divorce settlement in exchange for getting the house back.

Knowing that his ex-wife had no idea how bad the smell was, he agreed on a price that was about 1/10th of what the house had been worth – but only if she were to sign the papers that very day. She agreed, and within

the hour, his lawyers delivered the paperwork.

A week later, the man and his new girlfriend stood smirking as they watched the moving company pack everything to take to their new home…… including the curtain rods !!!

<><> As that was so long, I will say Goodnight/ Good morning for now. <><>

Have a wonderful weekend, and look after each other. Bye.

<><><><><><><>

18 comments:

Michelle said...

Try the yellow ones Merle, they are sweet and very mild. You know there are orange ones too...they would be my favorite...very sweet :o)

Hope Kathy's next op goes well, have a super Sunday Merle :o)

Susie said...

Merle,
Thanks for the clarification on the peppers. We do call them bell peppers and I use every color. We even have purple ones!
So sorry to hear about your daughter's finger needing an operation! I know Moms never stop worrying about their children, no matter the age :-)

Carole Burant said...

Hi Merle:-) Yup we do have Bell Peppers here and we have most colours, except the purple ones that Sue mentioned. Loved the poem and joke...as usual:-) Hopefully your daughter's next operation goes well and that she's home and recovering reallll soon! We never do stop worrying about our children...it's all part of being a mom:-)

Raggedy said...

My prayers and thoughts are with you. I hope Kathy does well with the surgery and has a speedy recovery.
The special angel poem was beautiful.
I saw that joke before. It is a funny one.
Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) meow hugs
(")_ (")Š from da Raggedy one
.

jel said...

sorry to hear about kathy, you all are in my prayers,


I can't eat bell peppers, make me sick!

loved the angle poem :)

that joke is a funny one!

huggs

LZ Blogger said...

Merle ~ (re: AFL) ~ I was there last year for the "State of Origin Games" and they turned the lights on the Sudney Opera House Blue the night that they played the Maroons. Made one of my all time favorite shots (that I actually use)as a deasktop wallpaper and is one of the little photos on the top of my blog. I may make it a post someday, so you can see how pretty it was. If I remember correctly, they won the game, but ended up losing the final match. ~ jb///

Peter said...

Hi Merle, you seem to have sorted out most of the post printing problems you were having, looks good.

Anonymous said...

Good Afternoon Merle!!

So that is what that word is...Bell Peppers (LOL) I wondered, meant to ask...

Our weather started out sunny and warm here and then the storm clouds rolled in with just a few drops of hale, and a light shower...the rolling thunder was a nice added touch to the day.

Take care! And know my prayers are with you and your daughter while she recovers from surgery...

Peg

megz_mum said...

I like the sound of your salad - will have to give it a whirl!
Hope your daughter's finger is responding as it should.

JunieRose2005 said...

Thinking of your daughter, Merle! Hope things go well for her.

;) That joke was sooo funny!

June

Kelvin said...

Kia Ora from across the ditch in New Zealand, where capsicums are the same. I have seen brown ones too - they look like chocolate - but sure don't taste like chocolate. I was enjoyning reading the joke. I thought they would of left the curtain rods, she move back in, clean the curtain rods and within the week invite him & her around to dinner in a "nice smelling house" !!! Well that's my ending. Thank you.

shade said...

i hope your daughter is ok when all's said and done.. good luck to her.

Unknown said...

I agree about special angels. I shall add Kathy to my daily prayer list. I’m on a 4-day holiday weekend and have greatly enjoyed day one! Thanks for the jokes.

Jeanette said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jeanette said...

Hi Merle
love special angels and chuckling over joke .
Sorry to hear Kath in hospital I wish her a speedy recovery .
love Jan

HORIZON said...

Really hope that Kathy gets better soon- you must be worried Merle.
Thinking of you and your daughter.

Val said...

Merle, I looked all over for your email address in my inbox, just to tell you that bell peppers are capsicums, then I come over to your blog and see you've already discovered that.

Yeah, too bad about the Blues, they just poop out at the end. Hope Murphy's ok. Fev is pulling ahead on the goal kicking ladder!

Absolutely LOVED the story about the shrimp in the curtain rods!

I hope Kathy has a speedy recovery.

DellaB said...

Hi Merele... you get the BEST stories, I 'specially love this one!
thanks