Tuesday, July 04, 2006

BIBLE QUIZ.

Hello Folks ~~ I hope everyone is having a great day, ‘specially my friends

from U.S.A. who are celebrating Independence Day on 4th July. I rang my

cousin Bill for his birthday, and my friend Jeanette’s late huband was also

born on 4th July. Don’t be sad Jen, be glad that he was here for a long time.

Kathy is doing well and should be home in 2 or 3 days. Her kids are all so

capable that they are managing well. Her arm and finger are in plaster which

surprised me, but obviously that way they keep still to heal. The graft was taken

from the same arm, as she said she still has one good arm. She is fine.

<><><><><>

As promised I am posting this Bible Quiz which I found very interesting.

I printed it out to find the answers and found 23 out of the 30, which was OK

as I am not a very religious person. I have great faith though.

I came across this on my friend Donna ‘s blog. Thanks Donna.

I wont post the answers until about Friday, as I know I looked at it quite a few

times trying to beat the odds. Oh well…. Hope you enjoy.

<><><><><>

BIBLE QUIZ.

There are 30 books of the Bible in this paragraph. Can you find them? This is a most remarkable puzzle. It was found by a gentleman in an airplane seat pocket on a flight from Los Angelesto Honolulu, keeping him occupied for hours. He enjoyed it so much, he passes it on to some friends. One friend from Illinois worked on this while fishing from his john boat. Another friend studied it while playing his banjo. Elaine Taylor, a columnist friend judges the job of solving his puzzle so involving, she brews a cup of tea to help her nerves. There will be some names that are really easy to spot. That's a fact. Some people however will soon find themselves in a jam, especially since the book names are not necessarily capitalized. Truthfully, from answers we get, we are forced to admit it usually takes a minister or scholar to see some of them at the worst. Research has shown that something in our genes is responsible for the difficulty we have in seeing the books in this paragraph. During a recent fund raising event, which featured this puzzle, the Alpha Delta Phi lemonade booth set a new sales record. The local paper, The Chronicle, surveyed over 200 patrons who reported that this puzzle was one of the most difficult they have ever seen. As Daniel Humana humbly puts it, "The books are all right here in plain view hidden from sight." Those able to find all of them will hear great lamentations from those who have to be shown. One revelation that may help is that books like Timothy and Samuel may occur without their numbers. Also keep in mind, that punctuation and spaces in the middle are normal. A chipper attitude will help you compete really well against those who claim to know the answers. Remember, there is no need for a mad exodus, as there really are 30 books of the Bible lurking somewhere in this paragraph waiting to be found.

<><><><><><>

I will have to post nice genteel jokes after that !!!

<><><><><>

This story comes from the olden days when aircraft cockpits had round dials, plus

flight engineers and navigators.

<><><><>

The crusty old-timer captain is breaking in a new navigatot. He opens his briefcase,

pulls out a .38 and rests it on the instrument panel. “Know what this is for?” he asks

the navigator. “No sir,” replies the newbie.

<><><><>

“I use it on navigators that get us lost,” explains the captain, winking at his first

officer.

The navigator then opens HIS briefcase, pulls out a .45 and sets it on his chart table.

“What’s THAT for?” shouts the surprised captain.

<><><><>

“Well, sir,” replies the navigator, “I’ll know we are lost before you will.”

<><><><><><>

This magician was working on a cruise ship. The audience was different each week

so the magician did the same tricks over and over again.

<><><><>

There was only one problem: the captain’s parrot saw the shows each week and began

to understand how the magician did every trick. Once he understood, he started

shouting in the middle of the show, “look, it’s not the same hat!” or “Hey, why are all

the cards the ace of spades?” The magician was furious but couldn’t do anything as it

was after all the captain’s parrot.

<><><><>

Then one stormy night the ship sank, drowning almost all who were on board.

The magician luckily found himself on a piece of wood floating in the middle of the sea. The only other

survivor on the same piece of driftwood was the parrot.

They stared at each other with hatred, but did not utter a word. This went on for a

day, then two days, then three days.

<><><><>

Finally on the fourth day, the parrot couldn’t stand it any more.

“OK, good trick. I give up. Now where’s the bloody ship?”

<><><><><><><> Lucky Last One. <><><><><><><>

Little Jimmy’s preschool class went on a field trip to the fire station.

The fire-fighter giving the presentation held up a smoke detector and

asked the class, “Does anyone know what this is?”

<><><><>

Little Jimmy’s hand shot up and the fire-fighter called on him.

Little Jimmy replied: “That’s how Mommy knows supper is ready!!”

<><><><> Bye for now ~~ Stay well and Happy. <><><><>

23 comments:

Peter said...

I like the magician and the parrot.
Kathy has certainly been through the mill with her injured finger, hope it's still getting better.

JunieRose2005 said...

Cute jokes, Merle!

I especially liked the little Jimmy one! :)

June

Anonymous said...

Hello Merle!! Thanks for the well wishes for the Fourth. I have decided to opt out of the parade and fireworks. I am going to try to bike bike bike today, and take a trail I have not taken before. I sometimes think celebrations are for "couples" and as a single person it can sometimes be a little depressing to see all the "happy couples". But, that will be me one day, when the Good Lord decides the time is right. For today anyway, I bike and I bike alone. LOL. Not really, He is always there cheering me on I know. But, for me, some quiet solitude is always welcome. And today is the day. So, off an "biking..." You take care and have a great day!

Your U.S.A blogging friend
Peg

TJ said...

Love the interesting things you write on your blog!
:-D

Carole Burant said...

Love the jokes....am still working on the Bible quiz!! lol Have a wonderful day Merle and it's nice to hear that Kathy will be home soon and is recovering nicely:-)

Anonymous said...

Merle! I did It, I passed 6 people today while out biking!! LOL. vroom vroom And who says you can't have a great time alone on a holiday??!!!

Later
Peg

Raggedy said...

Thank you for keeping us posted on Kathy. It is good to hear she is on the mend.
I liked the quiz.
I liked the parrot joke a lot!
Great Post!

*^_^
(=':'=) meow hugs
(")_ (")Š from da Raggedy one
*

Unknown said...

That quiz is too much for me!

Janice Seagraves said...

Hi Merle,

Thank you, for wishing us(US) a happy fourth of July.

I could find only ten books of the bible in your quiz.

The little Jimmy joke was cute.

Janice~

Jeanette said...

HI Merle
When your in the Outback there's nothing else but a pub with caravan park Attached .Rafferty's rules apply find a site and prop park any angle ,then have a beer or soft drink swap tales were you have been and were your heading with the people near by .
Good jokes i like little jimmy and the parrot . Take Care .. Jan

Roshanthi said...

Hi,

I just found 12 books in your quiz. It was pretty intersting though.

I love your jokes :0)

HORIZON said...

love the bible quiz- is raining here today so shall relax with a printed out version.
Glad Kathy is finally on the mend- poor girl- l really feel for her but by the sounds of it she has a great family to go home to.
Bests

Anonymous said...

Hello Merle! I did end up standing outside and watching the fireworks in the distance. There is something missing tho when watching fireworks alone. It's like ice cream without the carmel, or a "snowcone" with out the flavoring. LOL. But, today is a new day.

I think it is so "awesome" you blog! I originally purchased a computer for night classes, as I was running between three different libraries, and decided ONE would work so much better. Been blogging ever since. It is good fun meeting people from all over the world!!

Later
Peg

Karen said...

The magician and the parrot cracked me up. All the jokes were funny though. *scratches head* about the 30 books of the bible paragraph, unless it was "30 books of the bible" LOL

Have a great day and thank you for the 4th of July wishes.

Have a great day!

Wystful1 said...

A big howdy-do from this Texan to you, Merle!! I just finished reading a bit...the bible quiz I'm gonna share with our grown daughter...she'll love the challenge.

And your jokes? Always a hoot. Love 'em all. The parrot was too funny. And the fireman/at a school....where did they find this about our son? Sounds like something he would answer!!!

Happy Wednesday.

Granny said...

I'm up to 25 and counting so far.

LZ Blogger said...

Merle ~ Loved the jokes! As for the Bible Books. There is only one that I found difficult, because it spaned 3 words in the paragragh. I did it for a friend who both she and her girlfriend were stumped on. They gave me no clues and challenged me to find they ALL. I did and they both seemed un-impressed (after they looked for them for weeks?). Oh well I enjoyed the challenge! ~ jb///

Anonymous said...

Thanks for those warm sentiments, Merle. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to light a bag of leftover firecracks on fire.

somershade said...

caught up on all your post tonight,I printed the 10 commandments to give to our young married couples class my hubby teaches,they will love it.

I'm going to do bible quiz on the couch.

Thanks for the update on Kathy,wow a cast,thats something.And thanks for the Happy fourth.xxxooo your way!

kenju said...

I like the navigator joke, Merle, but I am still waiting for your stories from life. Tell us something about Peter, as a child.

bornfool said...

I found ten books with my first read through. I'm going to copy and paste it to work on it when I have more time. I love a challenge.

Peter said...

Re Judy's request, be very careful I still have the keys to herons nest!!!!!

The Heir said...

Ive got 21 books so far, tough quiz, this could take a while. I'm determined to do it without checking my bible!!